The following is an excerpt from a release issued by Halifax Water on Wednesday, April 1, 2020, regarding special measures and service updates amid COVID-19.
“The COVID-19 pandemic has many Halifax Water customers concerned about the future and their ability to pay bills in these uncertain times.
To further support customers, Halifax Water is taking additional measures to assist those facing financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Customers may defer payments on accounts from March 13th – July 31st.
- No interest will be charged on overdue accounts from March 13th – July 31st.
- Halifax Water fees for dishonoured payments will be waived from March 13th – July 31st.
- Disconnection for non-payment of service is suspended until July 31st.
- Customers facing economic impacts due to the COVID-19 situation that will cause them to struggle with paying their accounts are asked to please contact Halifax Water’s Customer Care Centre at email@example.com 902-420-9287 to discuss payment arrangements.”
For more information on Halifax Water, please check www.halifaxwater.ca, or call our Customer Care Centre at 902-420-9287.