You’re Invited to CANS AGM!
Held every autumn in a different location throughout the Maritimes, the CANS Annual General Meeting is a weekend-long event that hosts up to 200 key industry professionals, including owners, managers, employees and clients. The weekend includes a golf tournament, an activity highlighting the local community, nightly entertainment, keynote speakers, awards presentations, and the AGM business meeting.
- Date: September 23-25, 2022
- Location: Rodd Brudenell River Resort in Prince Edward Island
- Registration: Click here to secure your tickets to CANS 160th AGM! (Closes September 14).
- Sponsorship: SOLD OUT!
- Theme: “A Rising Tide Lifts All Boats” (Nautical)
- Full Program with Activity (either Local Program or Golf) $575
- Full Program without Activity $475
- Friday-only $375
- Saturday-only with Activity $475
- Children’s Programs $275
AGM registration cancellations must be made before Friday, August 26 to be eligible for a 75% refund, and before Friday, September 9 to be eligible for a 50% refund. No refunds will be given after Friday, September 9, 2022.
Please note that we are proactively planning for all of CANS 2022 events to ensure that we do our part to limit the spread of COVID-19. We are continually monitoring the pandemic and carefully following Public Health’s guidelines and directives.
Friday, September 23, 2022
- 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM Delegate Check-In
- 11:30 AM – 3:30 PM Children’s Program
- 12:00 PM – 1:15 PM Keynote Luncheon
- 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM AGM and Business Session
- 3:00 PM – 3:30 PM Networking Break
- 3:30 PM – 6:30 PM Free Afternoon
- 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM Delegate Check-In
- 5:30 PM – 9:30 PM Children’s Program
- 6:30 PM – 7:00 PM Reception
- 7:00 PM Awards Dinner & Entertainment
Saturday, September 24, 2022
- 7:00 AM – 10:00 AM Buffet Breakfast
- 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM Delegate Check-In
- 8:15 AM – 3:30 PM Children’s Program
- 8:00 AM – 8:30 AM Golf Tournament Check-in
- 9:00 AM Golf Tournament Shotgun
- 9:00 AM – 2:30 PM Local Activity Program *see details below
- 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM VIP Reception
- 5:30 PM – 9:30 PM Children’s Program
- 6:30 PM – 7:00 PM Pre-Dinner Reception
- 7:00 PM Dinner & Dance
Sunday, September 25, 2022
- 7:30AM – 10:00AM Buffet Breakfast
Wondering what to wear to dinner at CANS 160th AGM?
On Friday evening we’ll be celebrating the industry at our dinner and awards ceremony, followed by entertainment from comedian, Patrick Ledwell. Guests are encouraged to dress up as much or as little as they feel comfortable, but for those who prefer a little guidance, we recommend business casual.
Saturday evening is the time to show your true colours as we dive into our nautical theme, “a rising tide lifts all boats.” While we’ll be sticking to shore for the festivities, attendees are encouraged — but not required — to use the ocean, boats and all things nautical as their inspiration when getting ready! Show us how you can make a sou’wester “fashion” as we dance the night away to The Wannabeez.
So, put your best peg-leg forward, if we like the cut of your jib, you might win one of our best-dressed awards!
- Best Dressed Individual
- Honourable Mention, Individual
- Best Dressed Couple
- Best Dressed Company
Local Activity Program
Not interested in golfing Dundarave? Not to worry, CANS Events has curated TWO Local Activity Programs for our AGM attendees! On Saturday morning, experience eastern PEI in the manner that suits you best, walking or paddling! Following their respective activities, all Local Activity Program attendees will reconvene and cap off their morning with a satisfying lunch.
Note: Participants are responsible for their own transportation. Please contact CANS directly if you require assistance.
Option One: Paddle Three Rivers by Kayak
This tour is a great way to take in some cultural history along with an energizing paddle. This relaxed, sheltered trip takes you out past Brudenell Island towards Brudenell Point and the village of Georgetown, where the Brudenell, Montague and Cardigan Rivers meet. Double and single kayaks are available. Duration: 2.5 hours
*Some restrictions apply. Maximum weight of 300lb. Minimum age requirement of 13 years old (accompanied by a guardian). Please contact CANS if you have an adolescent interested in attending this program.
Option Two: Art Class + Walking Tour
This tour invites you to slow down and delight in the vibrant arts and culture of eastern PEI. Your morning will start at the Kings Playhouse for an ‘Intuitive Floral Painting’ class with artist Patrick Guindon. In addition to painting techniques, this workshop will focus on finding your creative voice and ignoring your inner critic. Following this class, attendees will enjoy the chance to discover traces of PEI’s history on a guided stroll around picturesque Georgetown. Duration: 3 hours
Keynote Speaker: Terry Kelly
“Terry Kelly’s enthusiasm for life and sheer determination have gained him international recognition as an accomplished athlete; an award-winning singer, songwriter, and entertainer; a professional speaker; and a lover of life.
“As a musician this Newfoundland native has released seven full-length recordings, resulting in seven East Coast Music Awards and nominations for four Canadian Country Music Awards and a JUNO. Terry has shared the stage with Symphony Orchestras, and has performed his original music in Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and for the troops in Afghanistan. He is most recognized for his inspirational song, “A Pittance of Time”.
“Terry is a recipient of the King Clancy Award, and Honorary Doctorates in Civil Laws and in Fine Arts. He has received the Canadian Country Music Association’s Humanitarian Award and is a member of the Order of Canada.
“In the athletic field, Terry has distinguished himself as the third blind person in the world to run the mile in under five minutes.” To learn more about Terry Kelly, click here.
Accommodations / Room Block Details
CANS 160th AGM is taking place at the Rodd Brudenell River Resort in PEI. Book your room now by calling 1-800-565-RODD (7633) and indicate that you are attending the CANS AGM at the Rodd Brudenell Resort on September 23-25.
Please note: the room block booking window ends on August 22, 2022.
Amenities & Hotel Info:
- Hotel check-in time is 3:00 pm and hotel checkout time is 11:00 am.
- Pet-friendly (Pets stay free!)
- Complimentary parking
- Indoor pool, whirlpool and sauna
CANS AGM has fun for the whole family! Register your young ones for our under-the-sea-themed children’s program. Kids in our program will enjoy games, crafts and snacks with a new set of activities each day. *Please note that these activities may be subject to change.
*Some restrictions apply. This program is intended for children aged 5 to 12 years old. (Please note that children aged 4 years and under must be accompanied by a guardian).
- Friday Morning
- Ice breaker-style games
- Make your own waffles and fruit kabobs stations
- Crafts and games
- ‘Under the Sea’ hunt
- Board games and card games
- Friday Evening
- Make your own nachos and tacos stations
- Make ocean slime to take home
- Board games and card games
- Saturday Morning
- Salt dough starfish craft
- Outdoor treasure hunt
- Mac and cheese and veggies
- Ocean jewelry and ocean sponge art craft
- Saturday Evening
- BBQ burgers and hot dogs with veggies
- Decorate your own ocean cookies
- Outdoor games options, or board games inside
- Movie and popcorn station
For Event Info, Contact:
Tel: 902.468.2267 ext. 704
For Sponsorship Info, Contact:
Tel: 902.468.2267 ext. 718