WHO WE ARE
The Construction Association of Nova Scotia (CANS) is the leading voice of the construction industry respected by members, government, industry, and the public.
CANS represents more than 760 large and small companies throughout Atlantic Canada that build, renovate and restore non-residential buildings, roads, bridges and other engineering projects.
Since our inception more than 150 years ago, CANS has continued to provide unparalleled service to our members in the areas of:
- Projects & Documents
- Membership Services
- Industry Education & Training
- Industry News & Advocacy
- Special Events
WHO DO WE WORK WITH?
- Owners and tender calling authorities
- General, sub and trade contractors
- Design and Engineering Community
- Municipal, Provincial, & Federal Governments
CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY FACTS
- Over 27,000 people were employed in the Nova Scotia construction industry in 2007, accounting for about 6% of overall provincial employment.
- The industry contributed 6.5 to Nova Scotia’s GDP compared to 5% nationally.
- Wages in construction are on average about 21% higher than the average wage in the province.
To view our 2014-2015 Annual Report, click here.
To view our 2016 Nova Scotia Construction Guide, click HERE.