50% Off All CANS Education & Training Courses – Eligibility Form
Beginning July 1, 2017, eligible CANS members will automatically receive a discount of 50% on our award-winning Education & Training Development Program. Not only does this save you money, this initiative will help you stretch your training budget further, ultimately strengthening your team and ability to compete in an increasingly competitive market.
For example, Project Management Fundamentals Course:
- 2019-20 Course Catalogue Member Price – $550.00
- NEW WIPSI Eligible Member Price – $275.00
This is made possible through our strong partnership with the Province of Nova Scotia’s DLAE, WIPSI program.
Our catalogue of courses can be viewed at Education and Training Development. If you need private or customized training, we can work with you to build a program that specifically meets your firm’s needs.
Finding the time, support and money for training is not easy. But, research has shown a lack of commitment to ongoing training can have catastrophic results for business, large and small. Here is an interesting article form Forbes Magazine recommended to help you answer those tough questions Why Employee Development Is Important, Neglected And Can Cost You Talent
To determine if your company is eligible please fill out this form and return to either CANS contact below.
What is required to determine eligibility?
A company representative must complete all areas of the Business Information Form and submit to one of CANS Education team (see below for contact info).
Key items required for eligibility:
- Company is located in Nova Scotia
- Company has an active status in the Nova Scotia Registry of Joint Stocks
- Company has been in existence for more than one calendar year.
- Company has at least $25,000 in wages or owner remuneration
If my company is eligible does this mean all employees are eligible?
No, only employees who are permanent residents of Nova Scotia can be eligible for the discount.
What is required from my company once we complete the Business Information Form and are considered eligible?
The attendee participating in the course is required to fill out the following:
- Start of Training – Sign in Sheet
- Completion of Training – Trainee Declaration Form
- End of Training Season – Company must complete 1 WIPSI survey
Cancellation & Payment
Please note the following guidelines for payment.
- The invoice must be paid prior to the course start date.
- If the attendee is absent without notice or cancels after the 10 business day cancellation policy deadline, the company will be responsible to pay the full amount of the course (this includes the discounted 50%).
For more information contact:
Director, Policy & Workforce Development
(902) 468-2267 ext 706
Manager, Education and Training Development