CANS 2020 De-Icer
Friday, April 24, 2020
Cunard Centre, Halifax, NS
Chances are you’ve either been to or heard about the CANS De-Icer! If not, you don’t know what you’re missing. With up to 1,800 attendees, our De-Icer is the largest construction industry event in Nova Scotia. Taking place in April at the Cunard Centre in Halifax, the De-Icer kicks off the upcoming busy construction season. It’s a great way for guests to celebrate the industry, expand your network, enjoy great food and live entertainment.
Location: Cunard Centre, Halifax, NS
Date: Friday, April 24, 2020
Sponsorship Opportunities: Click here to see which valuable opportunities are still available!
- Doors Open, 5:00 p.m.
- Buffet, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- Quarter Chicken & ½ Rack of Ribs
- One 1.5 lb. Clearwater Hardshell Lobster*
- One Portobello Mushroom, (vegetarian- and gluten free)
- Entertainment, 8:00 – 11:00 p.m.
- Shuttle Service to Downtown Halifax, 9:00 – 11:00 p.m.
- Bars Close, 10:45 p.m.
- Lobster Dinner: CANS Members, $97 / Non-Members, $115.
- Chicken & Ribs Dinner: CANS Members, $70 / Non-Members, $90.
- Portobello Mushroom Dinner: CANS Members, $70 / Non-Members, $90.
- Entry-Only Ticket (no meal): CANS Members, $50 / Non-Members, $70.
- Drink Ticket (includes gratuity): CANS Members, $6.50 / Non-Members, $6.75.
- After your meal, be sure to visit the dessert and the coffee & tea stations!
General Info & FAQ:
- Tickets can be mailed directly to your chosen location or recieved at designated pick up times. Tickets will only be mailed once payment has been received.
- Tickets will be ready for pick-up at CANS between 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, April 22, and 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, April 23, at the CANS Burnside Office. (Open Mon-Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.). All tickets not picked up will be held at the door of the Cunard Centre for pickup when doors open at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 24, 2020.
- Parking is free outside the Cunard Centre.
- Dress code for attendees: Encouraged is Business Casual, but attire ranges from Casual (denim) to Semi-formal (suit/dress).
- A Welcome Table will be at the entrance for those who have not picked up their tickets in advance at the CANS Office. All tickets must be paid for before/at pickup. Methods of payment accepted are cheque or credit card (VISA, AMEX, and MC).
- Guests must be of legal drinking age (19+) to attend this event
- Ticket purchases are individual — you cannot purchase a ‘table’.
- How do I add tickets to my online order? You can’t add tickets to a current order, but you can log on to CANSnet and make a second order for the new ticket(s);
- *Please make a note on the order, referencing the invoice number of your first order(s).
- How do I change my current order (i.e. change my menu choice, delete a ticket, etc.)? Email your change request to email@example.com.
- When will I receive a receipt? Your receipt will be automatically generated and emailed to you by CANSnet when you order online.
- When can I pick up my tickets? You can pick-up your tickets in advance, between 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, April 22, and 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, April 23, at the CANS Burnside Office, or on Friday, April 25 at 5:00 p.m. at the door.
- The pre-purchased drink tickets include gratuity
- The bars will sell drink tickets, will take cash and will run tabs
- What can I redeem my drink ticket for? Beer and shots; not premium drinks (wine, liqueurs, martinis, etc.)
- Premium drinks will cost an extra $1.00 at the bar
- Interested in donating a door prize to the De-Icer? Contact our Sponsorship Lead, Natalie Bobbitt via email or (902) 210.1720!
- Stay tuned! Keep an eye on this space for room block details.
For event info, contact:
Events Lead, Construction Association of Nova Scotia
Tel: (902) 468.2267 ext. 704
Cell: (902) 499.2939
For sponsorship info, contact:
Sponsorship Lead, Construction Association of Nova Scotia
Tel: (902) 468.2267 ext. 718
Cell: (902) 210.1720