Highlights on Business Opening and Closing, March 2021
- The number of active businesses in Nova Scotia increased 0.2% from February to March 2021.
- Nationally, active businesses increased 0.3%.
- Compared with February 2020, the number of active businesses was down 0.3% for Nova Scotia in March 2021.
- Nationally, active businesses are lower by 1.4% from February 2020 to March 2021.
- The number of active businesses in Halifax was up 2.3% from February 2020 to March 2021. This suggests that the decline in active businesses across Nova Scotia was concentrated outside the city
LEARN MORE: find more details on continuing rates and closures from this release.