Despite the negative impact of low oil prices in the economy of oil producing provinces, Alberta and British Columbia registered the highest gains in investment on non-residential construction in 1Q15; 4% and 2% growth respectively. Read more.
Join CAF-FCA for a two-day symposium on October 22 & 23 at the Delta Ottawa City Centre in Ottawa. CAF-FCA will host roundtable sessions and face-to-face networking opportunities as we share new research findings on the hottest topics in apprenticeship: demand for skilled tradespeople and the mobility of apprentices. To receive event updates, contact email@example.com.
The symposium will include opportunities to:
– Learn more about recent research to define the qualifications employers want
– Provide input on labour market intelligence related specifically to apprenticeship
– Share labour market planning strategies related to recruitment and training
– Learn about challenges identified by apprentices and employers when an apprentice moves prior to certification
– Hear how recent harmonization efforts are progressing
– Brainstorm supports and solutions to facilitate apprentice mobility
Industry representatives are invited to attend an update on the changes underway to Nova Scotia’s Apprenticeship system, and participate in identifying the priorities for the new agency. This event will take place on Wednesday, February 26, 2014, from 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Westin Halifax Hotel. (Download invitation.)
Visit http://nsapprenticeship.ca/agency/ to find the discussion paper and to register.