CANS Board of Directors Call for Nominations – We Want You!
Deadline for response: Friday, May 15, 2020, at 4:00 p.m.
The Construction Association of Nova Scotia (CANS) is governed by a voluntary industry-based Board of Directors. On an annual basis, we renew the membership on the Board. This year, we are seeking up to two individuals who meet one or more of the following criteria as determined by our governance matrix:
- Are a female industry professional who is in a middle-to-senior role within your firm
- Are a small to medium-sized contractor
- Are based in rural NS, specifically the South Shore and/or CBRM
- Are a member of an under-represented community
- Have expertise in industry and government relations, standard practices or advocacy
- You have the time to actively participate
- You are passionate about construction
- You can bring an objective perspective to the table that has your industry’s best interests at heart
- You support our vision and are committed to helping us achieve our aspirational goals
- Board experience is an asset
- You are collaborative and demonstrate leadership through action
If you are interested in rolling up your sleeves, getting involved and advancing the interests of our industry, we want to hear from you!
WARNING: We are a working Board. That means we ask a lot of you, the pay is terrible (i.e., it’s voluntary), but the satisfaction of knowing you are making a difference is immeasurable! And yes, we occasionally have some fun.
What we need:
- Your name
- Your contact information
- A brief statement about your intended contributions to the Board/Association
- A resume and a commitment of at least one year of active participation
Send your information to Sheryl Farrington at firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you have additional questions, please call me directly at our Dartmouth office.
While we thank all who apply, only those being selected by the Nominating Committee will be contacted.
President & CEO
Construction Association of Nova Scotia