NSCC – Marconi Campus Relocation Project
About the project:
The vision of the Marconi Campus Relocation projects is to create a campus with a dynamic learning environment that will attract students from across the province. It will have a modern design, open spaces and state-of-the-art technology and contribute to the revitalization of the downtown.
The new campus, to be built on the Sydney waterfront, is expected to open in September 2024. The facility will be designed and built in accordance with accessibility standards and guidelines following the Rick Hansen Foundation Accessibility Certification Program and Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) standards, one of the most widely used green building certification programs in the world.
On November 21, 2019, NSCC awarded the contracts for architectural design and engineering services to Barrie & Langille Architects Ltd. and Moriyama & Teshima Architects, along with Fathom Studio (formerly Ekistics Planning & Design) and other sub-consultants.
We have been following this project! Have you?
(Note: you must be signed into your CANSnet account in order to access information from the Pipeline, Open Tenders and/or Results and Awards).
- NS21-1251 – NSCC Sydney Waterfront Campus Development – 22.2 Mechanical Building B&C
- NS21-1252 – NSCC Sydney Waterfront Campus Development – 26.2 Electrical Building B&C
- NS19-1664 – NSCC – RFP – Professional Architectural and Engineering Services For Construction of The New Marconi Campus, Sydney NS
- NS19-1750 – NSCC – RFP – Construction Management Services, NSCC New Marconi Campus, Sydney NS
- NS20-1099 – NSCC – Sydney Waterfront Campus Development – Clearing and Grubbing
- NS20-1194 – NSCC – Supply Three (3) New WhisperRooms to the NSCC Marconi Campus- c/o The Convent, 170 George Street, Sydney, NS
- NS20-1295 – NSCC – Sydney Waterfront Campus Development – Tender Package 31.2 – Piling
Read more about this project from coverage in the news—
- SaltWire Network – “Tenders issued for new NSCC Sydney Campus” (September 15, 2020)
- CBC – “Work set to begin this month on new NSCC Marconi Campus in Sydney” (July 11, 2020)
- Chronicle Herald – “Construction to begin this month on new Nova Scotia Community College on Sydney waterfront” (July 10, 2020)
Looking for the Tender Documents?
Full-size drawings or specs can be ordered directly from the website, for more assistance, contact CANS.
Contact a CANS Member Specialist today.
Get in touch via email or call, (902) 468-2267.
134 Eileen Stubbs Ave, Unit 103
Dartmouth, NS B3B 0A9