Governments Invest in School Upgrades and Repairs
Announced June 2, 2021, schools across Nova Scotia will get retrofits, repairs and upgrades with more than $25 million in funding from the federal and provincial governments.
Projects, which vary by region and school, include:
- energy efficiency improvements, including new windows and upgraded building systems
- improved accessibility, including new elevators and lifts
- exterior and interior repairs, including new roofs or roof repairs, facade upgrades and painting
Following is a breakdown by regional centres for education and Conseil scolaire acadien provincial:
- Annapolis Valley – nine schools, $4.1 million
- Cape Breton-Victoria – six schools, $4.3 million
- Chignecto Central – 11 schools, $3.5 million
- Conseil scolaire acadien provincial – six schools, $3.7 million
- Halifax – 14 schools, $4.9 million
- South Shore – seven schools, $2 million
- Strait – three schools, $1.5 million
- Tri-County – 20 schools, $1.7 million
The Government of Canada is investing more than $20.5 million through the COVID-19 Resilience Stream of the Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program. The Government of Nova Scotia is contributing more than $5 million.
READ MORE: Find the full news release from the Province online here.