Building Construction Highlights from May 2023
The following statistics were released by the Economics and Statistics Division of the Province of Nova Scotia on Wednesday, July 19. For more details and the complete dataset, please click here.
Month-Over Month Overview
Overall Building Construction —
- Investment in Nova Scotia building construction decreased 13.6% in May 2023 to $539.3 million.
- Halifax monthly building construction decreased 8.0% to $265.7 million and outside of Halifax building construction was down 18.5% to $273.6 million.
- Nationally, investment in building construction decreased 1.2% with the largest decline in Nova Scotia and largest gain in New Brunswick.
Non-Residential Building Construction —
- Nova Scotia’s non-residential building construction increased 0.9% to $69.7 million.
- In Halifax, non-residential construction was up 0.8% to $46.4 million.
- Outside of Halifax, non-residential construction was up 1.1% to $23.3 million.
- National non-residential building construction remained largely unchanged in May 2023.