Statistics for Building Construction, June 2021
Overall Building Construction Highlights:
- Investment in Nova Scotia building construction decreased 4.6% in June 2021 (seasonally adjusted) compared to May 2021.
- Outside of Halifax monthly building construction decreased 7.8% while Halifax building construction increased 1.4% in June 2021.
- Total Nova Scotia building construction investment was $331.9 million in June 2021
- Outside of Halifax building construction totalled $209.9 million in June 2021, while there was $122.0 million in building construction in Halifax.
Non-Residential Building Highlights:
- In June 2021, non-residential building construction was down 2.6% to $49.3 million in Nova Scotia (seasonally adjusted).
- In Halifax, non-residential construction was down 0.9% to $20.0 million.
- Outside of Halifax, non-residential construction was down 3.7% to $29.3 million.
- National non-residential building construction was down 0.4% in June 2021.
- Five provinces reported decreases, with the largest decrease in Nova Scotia (-2.6%).
- The largest increases were reported in New Brunswick (+3.2%) and Newfoundland and Labrador (+2.6%).