Building Construction, November 2021
RELEASE – January 13, 2022 – Government of Nova Scotia, Department of Finance
With November reference month results, year-over-year (November 2021 vs November 2020) and year-to-date (Jan-Nov 21 vs Jan-Nov 20) show the rebounds in economic activity from the unprecedented declines observed at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Investment in Nova Scotia building construction increased 5.8% in November 2021 (seasonally adjusted) compared to October 2021.
- Halifax monthly building construction increased 3.9% in November 2021 and outside of Halifax building construction increased 7.7%.
- Nationally, investment in building construction increased 1.2% in November 2021.
- Monthly building construction was up in six provinces with Newfoundland and Labrador (+17.0%), Saskatchewan (+10.6%), and Nova Scotia (+5.8%) posting the largest gains.
- In November 2021, non-residential building construction increased 4.7% to $56.5 million in Nova Scotia (seasonally adjusted).
- In Halifax, non-residential construction was up 6.5% to $28.0 million. Outside of Halifax, non-residential construction was up 3.1% to $28.5 million.
LEARN MORE: To access full information from this release, click here.