Highlights from Building Permits (May 2021) —
NOTE: Changes in monthly building permit values are typically very volatile, with large swings from one month to the next.
- Nova Scotia’s total building permits (residential and non-residential) decreased 2.2% to $103.3 million.
- Halifax permits decreased 41.0% to $16.4 million.
- Outside the city, permit values increased 11.6% to $86.9 million.
- National permits decreased 14.8% to $9.47 billion.
- Nova Scotia’s non-residential building permits decreased 23.2% to $19.9 million.
- Halifax permits decreased 43.2% to $4.1 million.
- Outside the city, non-residential permit values decreased 15.5% to $15.8 million.
- National non-residential building permit values decreased 12.2% to $2.99 billion.