Thank you for attending CANS Construction Workforce Summit
The Construction Association of Nova Scotia’s (CANS) inaugural Construction Workforce Summit, held Wednesday, February 15, 2023, was a resounding success. Thank you for supporting the growth of the construction industry through this event!
Nearly 150 attendees joined us at the Halifax Convention Centre for morning education sessions focused on HR strategies, navigating immigration programs, and exploring ongoing trends and forecasts for construction’s workforce.
After a productive networking lunch for employers and morning attendees, our job fair doors opened to more than 430 job seekers looking for work in the construction industry. It was a valuable afternoon of making connections for our employers, job seekers and program partners.
Thank you to each one of the organizations and their representatives who hosted a booth at our job fair. The room was buzzing with energy while you engaged with industry colleagues and your budding workforce!
Thanks to our Speakers and Special Guests
Thanks to our speakers and special guests for taking time out of your busy schedules and sharing your valuable insights with our attendees.
- Bill Ferreira, BuildForce Canada
- Josée Larocque-Patton, HR ICU
- Ava Czapalay, Deputy Minister and CEO of Labour, Skills, and Immigration
- Jennifer L’Esperance, Senior Executive Director at Labour, Skills and Immigration
- Brendan Nobes, Canadian Construction Association (CCA)
- Angela Graham, Nova Scotia Community College (NSCC)
- Amanda Henderson, Nova Scotia Apprenticeship Agency (NSAA)
- The Honourable Sean Fraser, Minister of Immigration, Citizenship and Refugees
Your time spent at Summit helps to build resilience and will strengthen our industry for years to come!
Thanks to our Partners
We are extremely grateful for support from our partners, for helping to bring CANS Construction Workforce Summit to life.
- Nova Scotia Apprenticeship Agency (NSAA)
- Nova Scotia Community College (NSCC)
- Halifax Partnership
Thanks to our Sponsors
Finally, thank you to our sponsors! We couldn’t have done it without the contributions of
- Home Depot Pro
- rcs Construction
- Arrow Construction Products
Do you have feedback on CANS Construction Workforce Summit? We want to hear from you!
To provide your feedback, please email Taylor Shaw, Policy & Research Lead and indicate whether you were a job seeker, attendee (morning sessions), employer booth representative, program booth representative, or sponsor to receive the appropriate survey link.
Survey responses are due by March 8, 2023.
Looking for event photos? Browse CANS Construction Workforce Summit’s album on Flickr.
Save the Dates: See You Again Soon!
The Construction Association of Nova Scotia (CANS) hosts several special events each year creating various opportunities for employees of member companies to network and become more involved in their construction community.
We’ve got big things in store for 2023 — save the dates for our major events below and come see what you’ve been missing!
- De-Icer – April 14, 2023
- Spring Fling – May 11, 2023
- Golf Tournament – June 22, 2023
- Softball Tournament – August 19, 2023 (tentative)
- 161st Annual General Meeting – September 22-24, 2023