New Position! Community Engagement Lead
CANS is currently seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Community Engagement Lead.
Reporting to the Director, Policy and Workforce Development, this position is responsible for the planning and administration of all Building Futures for Youth (BFY) community engagement activities. This position is responsible for coordinating with key industry & community partners to promote program awareness and ensure career exploration opportunities for Nova Scotia youth.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate pre-Options & Opportunity program youth outreach efforts and information sessions with community leaders and organization representatives
- Coordinate under-represented youth and diversity information opportunities with Library associations and recreational centres, etc…
- Maintain regular contact with communities and industry to determine upcoming opportunities for youth engagement
- Develop and execute simple, yet effective surveys for parents & youth, and gather measurable data of engagement and interest among community members.
- Develop strong relationships with NS construction industry employers and key stakeholders, communities, and organizations.
- Develop a Speakers Bureau Database of community-based, industry mentors who have hands-on experience and are able to represent the industry when called upon by schools, communities, etc… to speak about industry