Highlights: Building Permits, October 2021
Month over month (seasonally adjusted, Oct 2021 vs. Sep 2021)
Changes in monthly building permit values are typically very volatile, with large swings from one month to the next.
- Nova Scotia’s total building permits (residential and non-residential) increased 0.8% to $190.6 million.
- Halifax permits decreased 9.4% to $102.7 million.
- Outside the city, permit values increased 15.9% to $88.0 million.
- National permits increased 1.3% to $10.29 billion.
Year-to-date (Jan-Oct 2021 vs. Jan-Oct 2019 (pre-pandemic))
Overall building permit values in Nova Scotia increased from Jan-Oct 2019 to Jan-Oct 2021. This reflects an increase in residential permits outside the city, partially offset by declines in residential and non-residential permits in Halifax.
- Nova Scotia’s total building permits (residential and non-residential) increased 6.9% to $1,639.9 million.
- Halifax permits decreased 15.3% to $815.4 million.
- Outside the city, permit values increased 44.5% to $734.2 million.
- National permits increased 19.4% to $102.58 billion.
LEARN MORE: Find more statistics and trends for building permits issued in October 2021.