Developing Executives (D. E.) Group
CANS Developing Executives (D.E.) Group was formed in September 2001 to encourage participation from our younger CANS members. Members of the Developing Executives Group are under 40 and work for member companies.
To become involved in the Developing Executives Group, check the Developing Executives box in your ‘My Profile.’ This can be found by logging in to CANSnet with your username and password. Click on ‘MY CANSNET’ in the top right-hand side of CANSnet then click on My Profile.
Come to our next D.E. Event
CANS Developing Executives Curling Bonspiel (Spring 2022)
Details coming soon! Keep an eye on this space.
In Case You Missed It
Thank You For Attending the 11th Biannual Speaker Series!
On Thursday, November 25, 2021, more than 50 members of CANS D.E. Group reconvened for the 11th installment of our speaker series at the Old Triangle Irish Alehouse!
Special thanks for Rene Cox (Iron Maple Constructors) for joining us. It’s quite the leap to start a new business during the pandemic and your candor and story was inspiring.
Did you miss our event? Click here to jump to photos from the speaker series.
More D.E. Networking Opportunities!
CANS Developing Executives Group hosts a number of annual events that offer networking opportunities, including:
- Curling Bonspiel, (Spring)
- Meet & Greet on the Harbour, (Summer)
- Golf Tournament, (Summer)
- Networking Night, (Fall)
- Speaker Series, (twice throughout Fall/Winter)
To find out more, or to register for these networking events, please visit the Special Events Calendar.
Get to know your D.E. Committee!
2020-2021 Developing Executives Committee
- (Chair) Austin McLennan, Meridia Recruitment Solutions
- (Vice-Chair) Robert Rooney, Lindsay Construction
- Laya Bou-Karam, Stantec Consulting Limited
- Kevin Cahill, Western Surety Company
- David Landry, Brafasco
- Matt MacEachern, WSP Canada Inc.
- Brett Murray, Brandt Group of Companies
- Stanley North, rcs construction
- Mary Mason, Municipal Group of Companies
- Chuck Ryan, Iron Maple Constructors Inc.
For more information about the Developing Executives Group, please contact:
Membership Lead, Construction Association of Nova Scotia
(902) 468-2267 (ext. 717)
Sponsorship Lead, Construction Association of Nova Scotia
(902) 468-2267 (ext. 718)