CANS is Hiring – Membership Lead
CANS is currently seeking a qualified individual to fill the contract position of Membership Lead. This position will be covering a maternity leave with a possibility for extension.
Scope and summary:
This position is responsible for the day to day recruitment, implementation, strategic planning and development of membership at CANS. This position will be responsible for staying up to date on industry and market trends as well as identifying specific opportunities to both maintain and increase membership. Networking with existing and potential clients to meet departmental goals will be a large part of this position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying potential leads, collecting and sharing market and industry information, recruitment of new members and sponsors
- Tracking of sales cycles and client management
- New member onboarding
- This position provides support in all areas of membership at CANS. Achievement of strategic objectives will be measured against goals set for the organization and departmentally.
- Provides solutions to routine and complex questions using creative and timely problem solving skills.
- Manages competing priorities, while still meeting deadlines and producing high-quality work.
- Proactively identifies emerging industry related issues that may impact CANS members.
- Bachelor of Commerce, BBA or other business related degree
- Highly developed organizational and time-management skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset to run the department as independent business
- Strong research and capacity-building skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills:
- A proven sales record would be an asset.
- Experience in a similar role would be an asset
- Experience in marketing, communication and business development would be an asset.
- Basic Knowledge of the general structure and organization of the non-residential construction industry.
- Strong computer skills. Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience and education.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Construction Association of Nova Scotia (CANS) is an industry trade association representing the interests of contractors, suppliers and service providers throughout Atlantic Canada and across the country. We represent more than 760 large and small companies that build, renovate and restore non-residential buildings, roads, bridges and other engineering projects.