CANS is currently seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Industry Education and Training Lead.
Scope and summary:
This position is responsible for the day to day planning, promotion, delivery and administration of CANS educational programs. This position works with various program advisory committees to design an annual education and general information program in response to membership needs, as well as liaises with industry organizations to assist in the development and delivery of appropriate programming.
This position provides continuing educational support and opportunities in a variety of formats for individuals currently employed in the construction trades in order to improve general business skills, personal performance, attain industry recognized certifications and address shifting client requirements.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Meeting budget requirements while continually developing the program by meeting the needs of industry.
- Promotion of IET program, including private and customized training, to industry stakeholders.
- Work with various stakeholders, appropriate CANS staff and committees to implement and assess an industry education strategy on an annual basis.
- Identify potential trainers and training partners, and monitor the performance and delivery of programs for the membership.
- Participate in the delivery of training programs as appropriate.
- Develop, distribute, collect and evaluate surveys and other methods of obtaining feedback on training needs from the membership.
- Maintain records including creation of a database of individuals participating in training and other education events to assist in supporting applications to various certification bodies.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Business or related field.
- Demonstrated success in program development and relationship building.
- Experience in marketing, communications, business development and sales would be an asset.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of adult education.
- Knowledge of the structure and organization of the non-residential construction industry.
- Strong computer skills. Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of MS Project would be an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience and education.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing date: 10 July 2015
The Construction Association of Nova Scotia (CANS) is an industry trade association representing the interests of contractors, suppliers and service providers throughout Atlantic Canada and across the country. We represent more than 750 large and small companies that build, renovate and restore non-residential buildings, roads, bridges and other engineering projects.