CANS Connect is designed to work with modern computers, tablets and smartphones. Most computers purchased within the past three years should provide you will all the elements you need. The most important elements to using the CANS Connect video system are a reliable internet connection, a webcam and a microphone which are typical in most modern devices.
Unsure that your system will work?
Using the link below you can download the user interface to your device. Once you have downloaded the user interface (called ClearSea) you may login with the following information:
Once you have signed in you will see an option in your list called ClearSea Test Call, choose this and hit the call button. You will be walked through a recording and then a play back, be sure to move around and speak during the recording so that you can verify both the audio and video are working well.
Want more technical information?
- High Speed Internet (Cable, DSL, or Fibre)
- Processor – CPU Pentium 4 2.0 GHz or higher. Core 2 Duo class, 2.33 GHz or higher
- Video – Hardware accelerated video drivers are required (this is found in any computer sold within the last 2-3 years)
- RAM – 1 GB (recommended 2 GB)
- Microsoft Windows Vista / Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard or higher
- Hard Disk Space – 60 MB
- Audio Device -Fully DirectSound compliant Device must support 48 KHz sampling rate for input and output
- Video Capture Device Required to send live video
- Fully DirectShow compliant
- Windows XP/2003/Vista/7/8 (including 64 bit versions), DirectX 9.0c or higher
- Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard or higher
Mobile Client supported devices
- iPhone 5S
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad Mini
- iPad with Retina display
- iPad 3rd generation
- iPad 2
- iPod touch 4th and 5th generation
- Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7 and 8.9 – available on Amazon App-store for Android