Phase Two Implementation of Changes to the Contract Security Program
On May 2, 2022, Public Services and Procurement Canada’s (PSPC) Contract Security Program (CSP) will begin implementing phase two of changes to improve its security screening process.
Phase two introduces a new screening process for organizations participating in government solicitations with security requirements posted on or after May 2, 2022.
The new process will reduce timelines associated with security screenings and with the delivery of goods and services. They will also remove potential barriers for suppliers looking to bid on federal solicitations with security requirements, support the diversification of existing supply chains, and make Canadian industry more competitive on foreign markets.
FAQs and Additional Information
Detailed information on what is changing can be found in the linked questions and answers document (Q&A). These Q&As are organized into topics and contain a table of contents with hyperlinks to allow you to find relevant information more easily.
To understand and prepare for the changes, please focus your attention on the following sections of the Q&A:
- Bidding on solicitations with security requirements – what you will need to do
- See section 3, Q6 and Q7
- See section 5, Q13 to Q15
- See section 9, Q23 and Q24
- Provisional security clearance – when and how to obtain one
- See section 4, Q8 to Q10
- Security screening timelines – expected improvements
- See section 6, Q17
- New flexible subcontracting options – when and how to leverage them
- See section 10, Q28 to Q35
- The CSP Application for Registration (AFR) form that your organization must complete and submit with your bid responses to solicitations with security requirements posted on or after May 2, 2022.
- New guidance to assist your organization with the proper and timely completion of the AFR form.
In addition to updating the Contract Security Manual, the CSP will update its website and make the AFR form and guidance available via the Contract security forms page. A link to the form and guidance will be shared with you as soon as possible.
Other tools are also under development to support your organization, such as pre-recorded webinars on completing organization security screening forms. Links to access these pre-recorded webinars will be provided in April 2022.
The CSP is anticipating a high volume of inquiries related to phase two of this initiative. To allow PSPC to serve you better, please make sure to read the Q&As in full before contacting the CSP with inquiries.
Should you have any specific questions after reading the document then you are encouraged to contact our call centre.
- Toll-free: 1-866-368-4646
- National Capital Region: 613-948-4176