CANS Executive Certificate in Construction Leadership
Presented in Partnership with Dalhousie University
- Program Start Date: October 14, 2022
- Program Duration: 15 weeks
This program is designed for experienced construction professionals working at the executive management and c-suite levels.
Interested? Don’t delay — registration is open for a limited time! Your deadline to apply for this program is September 13, 2022.
CANS has partnered with Dalhousie University’s Faculty of Management to deliver a world-class leadership development training program, right here in Nova Scotia. This program will help organizations become more productive and efficient, developing their capacity and the capabilities of their people.
The Executive Certificate in Construction Leadership is a cohort-based experience consisting of 15 courses. The program is intended to enable high-potential candidates from CANS member organizations to develop critical leadership and sector-specific behaviours, attitudes, skills and competencies in order to increase productivity, innovation and competitiveness.
Upon successful completion of the program, participants will be able to:
- Understand and demonstrate leadership in regards to self-awareness, engagement, complexity and innovation
- Effectively lead teams within, across and external to the organization
- Lead responsibility and demonstrate values-based learning
- Demonstrate complexity and systems thinking through strategic analysis, problem identification and program solving capacity.
- Identify and implement innovative solutions that meet the complex demands of the industry
- Create and assess their own and others’ leadership development
- Partner with others to increase organizational and leadership capacity overall.
- Reception and Introductions – October 13
- Introduction to Leadership in Construction – October 14
- Self-Management / Self-Awareness / EQ / Self-Leadership – October 28
- Ethical Leadership and Corporate Social Responsibility – November 4
- Teams and Relationship Management – November 5
- Conflict Resolution – November 25
- Leading, Managing and Understanding “Others” – November 26
- Mastering Negotiation – December 10
- Systems, Complexity Thinking and Risk Management – January 13
- Financial Management Fundamentals – January 14
- Leading Change – January 27
- Innovation in Construction – January 28
- Strategic Thinking – February 24
- Strategic HR Management – February 25
- Cross-Generational Communication – March 24
- Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Accessibility in Construction – March 25
- Presentation of Certificates and Celebration – March 25
Registration for this program is NOW OPEN! For more information, including details on how to register, please contact CANS Education team.
To learn more contact:
Manager, Education & Training Development
Construction Association of Nova Scotia