‘Building Construction, June 2022’
The following information was released by the Economics and Statistics Division on August 12, 2022. Find full statistics from ‘Building Construction, June 2022’ here.
- Investment in Nova Scotia building construction increased 6.7% in June 2022 to $512.6 million.
- Halifax monthly building construction increased 22.9% to $308.2 million while outside of Halifax building construction decreased 10.9% to $204.3 million.
- Nationally, investment in building construction increased 0.3%. Monthly building construction was up in six provinces with Newfoundland and Labrador and Saskatchewan posting the largest gains.
- Nova Scotia’s non-residential building construction increased 2.5% to $70.0 million.
- In Halifax, non-residential construction was up 0.5% to $43.0 million. Outside of Halifax, non-residential construction was down 4.2% to $27.0 million.
- National non-residential building construction was up 2.4% in June 2022. Six provinces reported increases, with the largest increase in New Brunswick. The largest decline was reported in Newfoundland and Labrador.