Worker safety should be everyone’s top priority. However, there are some companies and individuals who repeatedly ignore or break safety laws, putting workers at risk of serious injury.
On June 12, 2017, amendments to the Nova Scotia Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Act will come into effect to:
- Clarify the definition of an injury or serious incident and how to report it
- Extend the authority of the OHS director to deal with repeat offenders who continue to put others at risk of serious injury
- Court injunction to prevent future work
- Order future worksite information
- Multiple worksite stop work orders
Click HERE to read the summary of the four amendments.