This historic property is located in Inverness on the west coast of Cape Breton. The building was originally St. Mary’s Hospital, spearheaded in 1920 by Stella Maris priests Rev. Alexander L. MacDonald and Rev. John B. Kyte. The hospital opened May 24, 1925, after the Sisters of St. Martha in Antigonish sent a contingent of nursing nuns, affectionately known as the Inverness Brigade. Nearly a century later, St. Mary’s holds a food bank and nine affordable apartments. Follow this Project: NS20-1168!