CANS COVID-19 Information Centre
- Important CANS updates regarding COVID-19
- Subscribe to the Latest Updates
- CANS Office Reopens June 24 & Updates from CANS Programs & Services
- Recent News Announcements & Information
- Useful Links & Resources
Subscribe to the Latest Updates
To keep you informed throughout this ongoing pandemic, we have created an email newsletter that summarizes the latest COVID-19 information and its impact on the construction industry. This newsletter is distributed on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Click HERE to subscribe to the CANS COVID-19 Updates newsletter.
CANS Office Reopened June 24 & Updates from CANS Programs and Services
As of Wednesday, June 24, CANS Dartmouth office has reopened to our membership and has resumed offering the following in-person services: print orders, the sale of CCDC & CCA Standard Documents, and the signing of Statutory Declarations.
Our hours of operations have changed to Monday – Friday, 8am to 4pm.
Please note: CANS Business Centre and board rooms remain closed.
To ensure the health and safety of CANS staff, our members and visitors coming into our office, you will only be able to enter the main entrance vestibule. Below you will find detailed instructions on how to access our Projects & Documents services.
CANS Visitors Required to Wear Masks
In keeping with the NS government’s health directive of wearing a non-medical mask in indoor public places, visitors to CANS Dartmouth office will be required to wear a mask effective July 31. This applies to those entering the vestibule area for pick-ups or accessing our Commissioner of Oaths service. We appreciate your compliance to ensure the safety of CANS staff, our members and all visitors coming into our office.
How to Access CANS Projects & Documents Services
Upon arrival at CANS, call 902-468-2267 ext 0. A CANS staff member will confirm your name, company and the service you require. Wait for CANS staff to give you the okay to enter the building.
Depending on what services you require, CANS staff will instruct you on next steps. NOTE: Payment for services can be made over the phone using a credit card, cheque or EMT payment. We will not be accepting cash or debit at this time.
- A CANS staff member will place your print order on the table. Please wait until they have stepped back inside the main building to enter the vestibule to retrieve your order.
CCDC & CCA Standard Documents
- A CANS staff member will place your document order on the table. Please wait until they have stepped back inside the main building to enter the vestibule to retrieve your order.
- Place your document(s) on the table and hold up your photo ID. The Commissioner of Oaths will issue the declaration. Once agreed, sign the document and step outside the building.
- The Commissioner of Oaths will enter the vestibule, stamp and sign the document(s), and step back in the main building.
- Once the document(s) is signed by the Commissioner of Oaths and they have re-entered the building, retrieve your document(s).
- NOTE: We are still encouraging the use of our virtual Commissioner of Oaths services for signing Statutory Declarations. For more information or to book your appointment, contact Lesley Whynot.
Questions about CANS Projects & Documents Services?
If you have any questions, please contact Lesley Whynot by phone 902-880-6046 or email.