This historic property is located in Inverness on the west coast of Cape Breton. The building was originally St. Mary’s Hospital, spearheaded in 1920 by Stella Maris priests Rev. Alexander L. MacDonald and Rev. John B. Kyte. The hospital opened May 24, 1925, after the Sisters of St. Martha in Antigonish sent a contingent of nursing nuns, affectionately known as the Inverness Brigade. Nearly a century later, St. Mary’s holds a food bank and nine affordable apartments. Follow this Project: NS20-1168!
On June 19, members of the Cape Breton Health Infrastructure Redevelopment Team will be hosting a virtual event to provide an industry briefing/project overview, discuss employment opportunities, as well as hear from representatives from diverse communities.
The Construction Association of Nova Scotia is celebrating its latest accomplishment – winning the Canadian Construction Association’s 2019 Gold Seal Association Award of Excellence!
Please note that from June 29, 2020, until July 2021, CANS Sydney office will be temporarily closed. Britney MacNeil, CANS Events Lead, is on parental leave.