Join CAF-FCA for a two-day symposium on October 22 & 23 at the Delta Ottawa City Centre in Ottawa. CAF-FCA will host roundtable sessions and face-to-face networking opportunities as we share new research findings on the hottest topics in apprenticeship: demand for skilled tradespeople and the mobility of apprentices. To receive event updates, contact email@example.com.
The symposium will include opportunities to:
– Learn more about recent research to define the qualifications employers want
– Provide input on labour market intelligence related specifically to apprenticeship
– Share labour market planning strategies related to recruitment and training
– Learn about challenges identified by apprentices and employers when an apprentice moves prior to certification
– Hear how recent harmonization efforts are progressing
– Brainstorm supports and solutions to facilitate apprentice mobility
Promoting skilled trades careers to youth, parents and educators remains an important priority among apprenticeship stakeholders. CAF-FCA convened a roundtable on May 28, 2015 in Saskatoon to provide insight into the objectives, approaches and design of youth apprenticeship programs in different parts of the country. Discussion encouraged participants to identify ways they can support youth apprenticeship programs, maximizing the impact of these programs as a pathway into the trades. A report on the event is now available, along with a host of related resources. Read more.
Nova Scotia Daily Stats – Canada’s real GDP was down 0.1 per cent in April, the fourth consecutive monthly decline. Goods production fell the fourth month in a row with a decline of 0.8 per cent while service-producing industries were up 0.3 per cent. Compared to April 2014, real GDP was up 1.2 per cent. Read more.